More than the LED
Though an excellent family of KKDC LED light sources is the basis of all our product
designs, successful electronic, electrical, thermal and optical integration within a
finished luminaire is crucial if products are to perform as required over a long lifetime.
Mounting, housing, and powering our light sources to maintain a consistent quality
of light within a durable luminaire is where product design experience and our broad
competence and attention to detail in many engineering fields comes to the fore.
Ongoing research in electronic, electrical and chemical engineering techniques
alongside investment in manufacturing process technology and our quality control
testing regime continue to be KKDC priorities.
KKDC electronic engineers and software programmers have also developed control
technology, to match the rising demands of projects using our SMD LED products.
Some examples of KKDC research in action ...
- Best quality drive components are evaluated against electrical operating
stresses to minimise failure rates.
- Analysis and optimisation of drive currents, power distribution efficiency and
heat dissipation within our circuit board designs for thermal resilience and
colour maintenance in all operating environments.
- Investigation of LED package distribution and geometry to achieve even
illumination within and across adjoining products.
- In-house chemical engineering research producing developments in optically
efficient polyurethane resins, silicone formulations and their application
techniques. Employed alongside our vacuum deposition coating process to
ensure thorough protection for many of our high IP rated products.
- Innovative electronic design produces ‘visDIM’ with high frequency PWM control
for smooth dimming and drastic reduction of flickering and strobing effects
previously associated with LED dimming.